There have been several updates to the site.
Updated: Jan 10, 2021
I have been working on a "Locations" system that's tied to the rest of the RPG system. I have also went ahead and added several locations to it as well. Most of the locations should sound familiar to anyone with knowledge of the game, and/or my history. While it may not look like much, there is a lot going on behind the scenes with the Locations system as the way it integrates into the rest of the system. It is still early yet, but there is more integration to be done. Also while working on the Locations system, I have updated the stylesheet a bit to more standardize the HTML headings. I have also reworked the side blocks and the header to use CSS media queries and have done a fair bit of testing to make the system behave a little better on smaller screens.
Once the Location system is completed, I'll be continuing to do the update with the other systems to make use of the new styling, and the new Locations system. At which point when I get to the Space database, there may be a full re-write of it to import the astrosynthesis files to streamline my updates.
Why am I doing all this work for an old RPG that is essentially dead? Simple, nostalgia. I grew up with this world, and I'm sure as hell going to keep it, even if I'll be 40 this year. Time is an evil bitch.
Updated: Dec 24, 2020 - Merry Christmas/whatever everyone...
There have been several changes that have occurred since the last update. One major change is the left side blocks will disappear and the site will shift to full width when the horizontal resolution goes below 1100 pixels. The top menu is a bitch to use on mobile devices though, but turning your device horizontal will probably help. I mainly did it to make it easier to read longer pages on smaller devices. Another visual change is I've replaced the boring sterile cell black backgrounds to stars. This is an RPG site, not some commercial property. If everyone else can waste 800KB on a stylesheet I can burn 1.4K for an image.
• Another change is to the Characters system.The "cards" are now more static sized and will shift with the page width. This also works with the overall scaling as well.
• Completed the new look for the Characters database. All systems will end up with this appearance.
• Revamped additional back-end RPG functions namely the itemlink() function to eliminate excessive database queries. Also addressed the visual display of valid and invalid links. Good links look like this, while bad ones look like this. The bad links will have to be hand edited.
• User created characters, and the front-end for editing characters has been disabled to address database/visual inconsistencies due to the new changes. The user character front-end editor will be updated eventually, but I'm not sure if I'm going to allow anonymous character creation and that function may be removed.
More changes are coming...
The first main change is some core system updates that allows "module header" files to load additional stylesheets into header.php for use on-site. This way module CSS styles can be in their own file versus all CSS in a single file. The anti hammer has been adjusted a bit as well, this should only affect any single addresses that have more than 10 new sessions active in the span of 3 minutes.
The RPG system has undergone several changes as well.
• RPG Core: I've started backend framework to track marriages, family lines, etc much more efficiently and removed some dead functions.
• Characters Database: Visual overhaul and several dead functions removed and additional fields added. This almost wiki-like appearance will be slowly migrated to the other systems.
• Magic Database: A lot of the magic functions, spells & curses have been added. Names and brief description primarily.
• Space Database: Edited some fundamental code for the physics calculations, and streamlined and standardized all the scientific constants. This will allow easier use of the math. Eventually, I plan on having the system read the Astrosynthesis DB files itself.
• Spacecraft: Added several spacecraft, and some placeholder information. Also added a function to add spacecraft "Register" (tail numbers) to tie them to the owners.
• Store: Updated code to address the user sessions, and some logging in not properly "sticking" after using the store until relogging.
• Other Content: Started the framework for a "Factions", "Locations" and "Technology" addons that will show common things within the game world.
• RPG/CG Related: Several characters have "new" portraits that were rendered in DAZ Studio where the quality that far exceeds those renders done in Poser6.